Karyn’s Bowtie Pasta Salad with Sundried Tomatoes, Feta, and Basil
This recipe combines similar flavors, but it a nice alternative if you don’t want sandwiches for your picnic.
- 8 oz farfalle (bowtie) pasta, cooked to package directions
- 3 oz sundried tomatoes, julienne cut (I like Mariani. They are simple sundried tomatoes with no added oil. They come in a plastic package usually located with other tomato products in the grocery store.)
- 1 cup packed fresh basil, chiffonade cut
- 4 oz feta cheese, crumbled (also try this with the sundried tomato-basil feta)
- 2 oz fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
- ½ c light olive oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- ½ c Kalamata olives, pitted and quarter (optional)
Toss first 6 ingredients together, adding Kalamata olives at the end. This keeps well for three or four days in the refrigerator. If you are eating this after refrigeration, you made need to toss in a little more oil to revive. This salad is delicious hot or cold, and it is safer for picnics than mayonnaise-based pasta salads.