My favorite pan, the TATIN, awaits my attention. I have used it for the Apple Tart Tatin with apples and pears. It’s time for me to branch out into something savory. The Le Creuset Cookbook that accompanies the Tatin includes recipe for a veggie tart. With all the attention on the Mediterranean diet, this will be my next adventure in the kitchen. The recipe follows:
10-1/2 puff pastry
1/2 c feta or mozzarella
1. Heat oil in the Tatin dish and then add the red onion, garlic and pepper. Fry gently on low heat. Add the courgettes and fry longer.
2. Add the red wine and sugar. Cook until the juices turn syrupy.
3. Remove from heat. Add the tomatoes, herbs and seasoning. Leave to cool.
4. Spread the dough in a circle of similar diameter to the the top of the dish. Place it over vegetables and tuck in the edges. Punch two or three holes in the pastry.
5. Bake in the center of the oven (400F.) for 20 to 25 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown.
6.. Leave to cool in the dish for 5-10 minutes; then, separate the edges with a knife. Turn over on a large serving dish.
7. Dice the cheese and scatter over the top just before serving.
And as all good entree recipes suggest–add a green salad–and as I suggest a nice bottle of Pinot Grigio.
Happy, healthy eanting.